Saturday, February 11, 2017

3rd Grade Science- Pinterest

LEARNING ABOUT THE SUN, MOON, AND THE EARTH


Click here to go to my pin board!


Science 3rd Grade, Standard #1: Students will understand that the shape of Earth and the moon are spherical and that Earth rotates on its axis to produce the appearance of the sun and moon moving through the sky.

Educational Technology #4: Use content-specific tools, software and simulations (e.g., environmental probes, graphing calculators, exploratory environments, Web tools) to support learning and research.

I used Pinterest to teach about Science. I mainly focused on the sun, moon, and the Earth and their characteristics, and what they do. I pinned a few videos and pictures that teach about this topic, and I also pinned some activities that the students can do to expand their understanding. Pinterest  is a great tool to provide different ways of teaching concepts, and organizing pins on different boards. It is a great way to learn how other teachers teach concepts, and to expand creativity. It's a fun way for students to go to many resources to learn more about a topic. I will be using this in my classroom for students, and I will be using ideas from Pinterest.

Students, here is a link to my Pinterest board containing many different pins about the sun, moon, and the Earth. These pins are links to pictures, videos, and fun activities related to what we are learning about. Visit my Pinterest board and explore these pins. Each day, write a sentence about what you learned, and you will turn in this paper on Wednesday. This will help you be prepared for class each day as we will be learning about the sun, moon, and the Earth for the next three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment